**This course will be limited to four students per class.**
This is a physically demanding and challenging course. Please come prepared.
Become an asset to your agency’s training group by improving your skills and enhancing the performance of your department’s police service dogs. This is a 24 hour hands-on class with personalized and individual training. Students will spend 3 days working the Basic Handler’s Class.
Topics/Areas to be covered:
- Proper use and application of safety equipment to minimize injuries and reduce K9 related worker’s compensation claims.
- Proper application, timing, severity and utilization of corrective tools and equipment.
- Learn to properly identify the dog’s drives (prey/defense) and agitate accordingly.
- Improve and hone your “guard & bark” techniques to enhance alerts and increase safety for officers and the public.
- Develop techniques to enhance “transitional” behavior.
- Proper muzzle fighting and undercover sleeve applications and techniques.
- Learn and develop confidence in the bite work: Taking “high bites” and “leg and body bites.” Learn how to properly “slip” a bite suit.
- Agitation for building and area searches, vehicle extractions, attic insertions, working “the blinds,” ground fighting, gunfire, stake outs, “civil” agitation, and much more.