This 16 hour course ensures that K9 detection teams maintain all the skills necessary to successfully locate and alert any scent in various situations.
Topics to be covered:
- Searching for odors in an apartment, house, or building with misleading scents
- Searching for odors in an animal stall, barn, or similar area
- Searching for odors in darkened or low light conditions
- Searching for odors with cleaning items, such as mops and vacuums, as distractions
- Searching for odors on passenger and commercial vehicles: inside, outside, and under the vehicles
- Searching for odors in one of many parcels
- Searching for a minimum of 15 minutes before locating one odor to show endurance
- Searching an area with no odor; a blank search
- Searching a vehicle with no odor; a blank search
Areas will be set up to allow for re-certification of:
- Other odors, as needed (Please call before class to ensure we have everything ready for your re-certification.)
Location and Time:
Adlerhorst International Inc.
3951 Vernon Ave.
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
8am to 5pm