Adlerhorst International LLC
3951 Vernon Ave.
Jurupa Valley, California 92509
Tel: 951 685 2430
Fax: 951 685 3630
Proposal for Police Service Dog and Training
Thank you for your interest in Adlerhorst International LLC. We are a family owned business situated on 7½ acres in Western Riverside County, California.
Our principal owner/operators are Dave & Pip Reaver and Michael & Veronique Reaver.
Since 1976, we have provided quality Police Service Dogs to over 500 law enforcement agencies in the United States and several foreign countries. We have evolved into being one of the largest private Police Dog Schools in the world. During this era, we have introduced many theories and techniques that are considered state of the art today.
We offer an optimal combination of law enforcement and canine experience. All of our staff has a minimum of 10 years’ experience training police service dogs. Additionally, we have a continual training program for new instructors. Three of our instructors are former police canine supervisors and four are former handlers with law enforcement agencies. Our instructors are certified California P.O.S.T. evaluators, as well community college instructors.
Our training director, David Reaver, has over 45 years’ experience both in the United States and in Europe training dogs; 35 of those years are police service dog training. He has a Lifetime Teaching Credential from the State of California with a specialty in Police Science.
Service Dog Procurement
We are the innovators of procuring dogs with a strong genetic as well as a working background. From inception, we purchased dogs with a European working title, hips, backs and elbows x-rayed and a vet check done personally in Europe prior to shipping. We have a vehicle in Europe capable of transporting 17 dogs, as well as a trailer for an additional 10. We lease kennel facilities in Holland capable of holding 40 dogs.
Procurement trips are made every 6 weeks. Each dog is tested comprehensively by David Reaver. All European titled dogs are not equal. Our testing process is conducted on neutral turf, often in a building. Many European handlers / trainers consider our testing process the most comprehensive they have observed. The techniques and testing standards we introduced over the years have caused many European agencies to reassess their testing and procurement policies.
Because of our procurement methods, all of our dogs are guaranteed against all congenital issues for 12 months.and performance guaranty for 12 months if handler and dog are being trained by Adlerhorst . 6 month performance guaranty for Agencies conducting their own basic handler courses.
- All of our classes are community college credit classes sponsored by Santa Ana Community College.
- Currently we are the only presenter of a 24 hour California P.O.S.T. certified re-certification class.
- Our 240 hour basic patrol class is based on a comprehensive published standard. The program has been tested 50+ times in court with a 100% success rate! Graduate teams are guaranteed to meet any required National or International standard.
- Our detection classes include narcotics, explosive, arson and cadaver training. All licenses are in place from DEA and ATF, as well as a CHP license to transport explosives.
- We offer a 16 hour agitator class that not only teaches proper techniques but behavior theories as well. A limited advanced agitator class is available also.
- Additionally, we offer a monthly maintenance program either on site in Riverside or off site as required. Currently we train in multiple areas in California, as well as Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. An informational brochure describing this service is on our web site.