Adlerhorst was the originator of a comprehensive, ongoing training
program to insure active K-9 teams are maintaining proper skill levels and
adhering to the “Community Standard.” The results speak for themselves: 100%
success from all legal challenges, as well as some excellent case law. Currently
well over 100 agencies contract for our maintenance services which include:
- At a minimum, program includes a complete comprehensive training block
each month with an emphasis on problem solving and keeping the dogs “clean” with
strong alerts. Supervised training available five days a week.
- Each problem area noted by the handler, supervisor or an instructor will
be addressed during the current training session.
- We use techniques that have proven successful both in the field and the
- Additional training days are available as necessary.
- All training sessions have a defined lesson plan. The canine supervisor
will receive a copy of each lesson plan as well as a written evaluation for
- All successful participants are guaranteed to pass P.O.S.T. standards as
well as our more difficult 24 hour P.O.S.T. re-certification.
- Participation in the most popular and comprehensive agitator / role
playing suspect training in the industry.
- All of our training classes have a comprehensive written standard. Our
training titles have been accepted in courts both nationally and internationally.
Copies of our standards are available upon request.
- Our program offers eleven training days for patrol dogs, and 5 training days for narcotic detection dogs and two training days for explosive detection dogs each month in Southern California. Additionally we send qualified instructors to locations in Northern
California, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.
Our staff consists of five full time instructors as well as six part
time instructors. All of whom have extensive backgrounds in the field. Each is a
certified California P.O.S.T. instructor as well as a P.O.S.T. evaluator. Most have
qualified as court recognized experts.
Expert witness testimony is available / provided for all of our
maintenance clients at 10% discount. (Please contact Adlerhorst for a current rate sheet). To date, we have been involved in
over 100 cases…all adjudicated in our favor. (Vera Cruz vs. Escondido our case). A list
of our clients for expert witness testimony is available upon request.
Adlerhorst Patrol Monthly:
Every 1st and 2nd full weeks of each month and every Wednesday of each month.
Adlerhorst Detection Monthly:
Training is offered five days each month at various locations throughout Los Angeles County, Orange County and the Inland Empire.
K9 Teams enrolled in the Annual Maintenance Training Program may attend any of the scheduled training days at any of the training locations offered. K9 Teams may attend as many times as needed.
There will be no refunds for non-attendance of monthly training : however , long term illness or injuries to a Handler or K9 may be reviewed on a case by case basic.
-Location & Time:
Adlerhorst International LLC
3951 Vernon Avenue
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Starting Time 9:00 am